5 fun things to do in Lyon
Mis à jour : 25 sept. 2020
1. Watch the sunset from le Jardin des Chartreux: this garden offers a stunning view of the city. I recommend taking a book with you and sitting on a bench to take it all in.
2. Wander the Croix Rousse and have lunch overlooking the city. There are so many small streets here with little boutiques, bookshops and cafés. It's the perfect Saturday activity.
3. Eat a traditional dinner in Vieux Lyon: you might feel like a tourist but the lively atmosphere in Vieux Lyon at night is something not to be missed.
4. Parc de la Tête d’Or: spend a sunny afternoon here walking and taking in the scenery. If you’re a sports fanatic, go for a run or do yoga classes. On the lake you can also go on small row boats, something I’m yet to do but it seems like great fun!
5. Café hunting: if any of you are like me you will share the same excitement for finding the perfect coffee. I have been visiting a few different cafés on the hunt for a good flat white. So far I have found Cosy Coffee, Slake Coffee House, Puzzle Café and Rakwé café. The ideal Sunday afternoon activity.
As many among you probably already know, there is so much more to do in Lyon but this is just a small insight into what I have enjoyed doing so far.
Thanks for reading!